Every woman likes to feel beautiful, if we didn't there wouldn't be countless beauty blogs. And regardless if your going through an illness, looking good makes us feel better. According to the 2012 Harris Survey:
- Nearly every women surveyed (95% of women who haven't had cancer, and 97% of women with cancer) said that looking good makes them feel good.
- About three out of four women with cancer (69%) said that prior to treatment their overall appearance was very important or important to their self-esteem.
- The aspects of physical appearance that mattered most to women and had the most impact on their self-esteem before they began cancer treatment are hair (80%), skin/complexion (75%) and weight (79%).
- 54% of women with cancer said people made assumptions about them based on the way they looked during treatment before they took steps to address the side effects of cancer treatment.
- After addressing their appearance-related side effects, 70% of look good feel better participants reported feeling in control of how they looked, compared to 58% of women who addressed their side effects without look good feel better.(survey conducted by Harris Interactive (U.S) on behalf of the Personal Care Products Council Foundation)
For more info:
In Canada, LGFB.ca
In U.S, LookGoodFeelBetter.org
"Its not about Makeup its about Confidence"
This post is dedicated to my friend and co-worker: a young courageous, independant, fear-less, loving woman. And to your friends that might be battling cancer. xoxo