Celebrity hairstylist Sascha Breuer for Wella Professionals decided to change up Anne's hair and give her an edgier look but going even further with the blonde
“Drawing inspiration from unforgettable punk icons like Poly Styrene from X-ray Spex and Joan Jett, I decided to go for a look that's glam, edgy and yet very youthful and fun. We kept the style much shorter for Anne and had a lot of fun playing around with it. To enhance her punk look further we decided to take her hair to the next level: A new cool Platinum blonde color and the sharp slightly boyish finish with loads of texture were the perfect match,” says Sascha Breuer.
If you're not as brave to go platinum blonde perhaps the styling will suffice.
1. Start by applying a golf ball sized amount of Wella Professionals Extra Volume Mousseto damp hair for the perfect foundation and to provide hold and volume.
2. Blow dry the hair into shape using your fingers or a skeleton brush. Dry the longer hair on top back and upwards by gently pulling the hair away from the scalp to boost the volume and some lift to it.
3. Push brush and dry the sides flat to the head backwards allowing them to set narrow to the head.
4. Once the hair is completely dry use a small amount of Wella Professionals Bold Movestyling paste. Spread the paste evenly between the palm of your hands and work the product through the mid length and ends to create a deep, slightly messy texture.
5. Mist hair with Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray to ensure that your style will last all night.
What do you think of Anne Hathaway's new look?
(credits: hairstylist-Sascha Breuer, image-Devries Global)