One of the most fashionable nights of the year, the MET Gala, is a thematic fundraising event that includes an exclusive guest list. This year's theme, Charles James: Beyond Fashion, considered America's first couturier.
The highlight of the night is the red carpet fashion parade but aside from the obvious the makeup and hair complete the outfit.
(Photographer Credit: Larry Busacca at Getty Images)
Claire Danes, a soft up-do to complement her strapless Oscar de la Renta gown. To achieve this look, celebrity hairstylist Peter Butler for Moroccanoil used the following products:
- appCly Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse to damp hair from root to tip to get great crown volume and overall bounce
- blow dry your hair using Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Brush 35mm
- use a 1.5-inch barrel iron to curl and apply Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection to each section to protect locks and keep hair shiny and healthy
- allow to curls to cool, create a deep side part and finger comb hair into a super low ponytail, keeping hair loose (not taut) and secure your ponytail with an elastic.
- wrap your entire ponytail into a knot, pulling the end of the ponytail through. Tuck end under and secure the entire knot with pins.
- finish off your look by lightly pulling out face-framing pieces and spritzing with Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine
Love the softness of this look. Perfect for a bridal up-do either as the bride or guest. One of my favourite hairstyles of the night!