(image wenn.com)Did you watch the Royal wedding yesterday? I caught the beginning but was working for the rest of the day so didn't catch the live feed. Thoughts? As a bride-to-be I can't fathom how Kate must've felt yesterday, nervous, excited, oh my...but she looked gorgeous! Check out my take on the dress on my other blog Bonita Bride. And now for the makeup...
(1) EYEBROWS-a groomed eyebrow is a MUST! A clean trimmed brow, filled in where necessary, completes this look.
(2) FOUNDATION/tinted moisturizer-after applying a face primer, apply a sheer layer of foundation or tinted moisturizer. Build up foundation in areas that need more coverage but don't go overboard. That's what concealers are for.
(3) a BLUSHing bride- pink/healthy looking flushed cheeks, checked! A cream based blush brings out a natural dewy look. Top it off with a powder peachy blush just on the apples for staying power.
(4) Kissable LIPS-exfoliate lips prior to applying a rose/flesh tone sheer creamy lipstick, top off with gloss. My favourite bridal lipstick is MAC's Syrup shade. Your lips but better shade!
(5) a dusting of BRONZER-just where the natural sun hits your face and also use as contour.
(6) emphasis your EYES-lots of waterproof mascara, a natural smokey eye, in Kate's case I would've skipped the eyeliner or atleast softened it up a bit.
(7) Finish with a dusting of translucent POWDER with a large face powder brush.
For more bridal beauty tips read my post on Bridal Beauty with professional makeup artist, Joy David.
What are your thoughts on Kate's makeup?